In order to achieve the overall objectives starting from real socio-economic dynamics, MIGRAVALUE carries out the following actions:
WP1: Comparative analysis of the social and economic background of involved contexts.
Operational indications to structure the project work, in both its financial components and its focus on the impact of remittances on social needs;
WP 2: collection of existing practices for the channeling of remittances into credit schemes; preparing for establishing a systemic linkage between the involved public and private stakeholders on both sides in order to align the model and its functioning with local development programming;
WP 3: modeling of a Guarantee fund to warrant entrepreneurial initiatives in the social and in the economic realms: models will merge into integrated operation plans;
WP 4: migration, remittances and their impact on social development in origin countries: defining and applying substantial methodologies to assess the impact of migration on social needs and social development; analysis of options to promote and structure the involvement of migrants in the social development of their home countries (including linkages with the results of WP2 and WP3), support the definition of bilateral social security agreements between EU and non EU countries.
Training sessions on both models will be delivered in traditional and distance learning ways.
WP 5: A communication plan and several public events will ensure dissemination and mainstreaming of results:
- A model for a trans-national Guarantee Fund
- Integrated operational plans that establish structural connections between entrepreneurship promotion services and the provisions of local development plans
- Analysis and impact assessment methodologies concerning the relation between the receipt of remittances and social needs in home contexts
- A trans-national welfare model to include:
- joint contributions to define the provisions of bilateral welfare agreements for persons who reside and work across different national contexts,
- recommendations on the promotion and structuring of the contribution of migrants to the social sustainability and development of their home countries